2020 4-star DE Braiden McGregor set to announce commitment on Friday

2020 (Port Huron, MI) 4-star DE Braiden McGregor will announce his commitment on Friday, May 24 at his high school, Port Huron Northern.

Initially expected to wait until the fall to commit, McGregor has seen his stock skyrocket in recent months. Ranked outside 247Sports’ Top 300 as recently as mid-February, he has shot all the way up to No. 87 in the website’s most recent rankings.

Considered the No. 5 DE prospect nationally, he released a list of his top 10 schools last month that features many national powers. Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Alabama are some of the schools that made the cut.

At the moment, he is the top target for Michigan in the 2020 class. The Wolverines have been on him since the beginning. After unofficially visiting Ann Arbor on April 22, 2018, Michigan extended an offer the same day. The pass-rusher attended Michigan’s summer camp two months later and took another unofficial visit in October.

The current “Crystal Ball” predictions are leaning the Wolverines’ way. 82% of experts have him pegged for Michigan, while the remaining 18% think he’ll head to Notre Dame.

At 6’5.5″ and 248 pounds, McGregor possesses the prototypical size for the position. Blessed with good closing speed and a high motor, he has all the tools to excel in Don Brown’s defense.

Michigan currently has seven verbal commits in the 2020 cycle. With only three of these commits landing inside 247Sports’ most recent Top 300, McGregor would be by far the highest-rated pledge in the class.

McGregor’s commitment will take place at 7:00PM ET on Friday, be sure to follow Teddy Rydquist on Twitter @TeddyRydquist for all the latest.

Advertisements